Who is eligible to get a green card?
- Spouses of U.S. citizens. Visas are immediately available.
- Children (unmarried under age 21), stepchildren, and stepparents as long as the marriage occurred before the child was age 18. Must be children of U.S. citizens. Visas are immediately available to this category.
- Unmarried children over 21 of U.S. citizens. There are limited numbers available to this category. There is a wait time.
- Married children over 21. There are some requirements for this category and there is a wait time.
- Siblings of U.S. Citizens. A limited number is available to siblings. There is a wait time.
- Family members of green card holders do not have visas immediately available. There is a significant wait time.
How much does it cost?
Attorney’s Fees: $1300 (for relatives both in and outside the United States)
Contact immigration lawyer, Jayne Bouchfaa, for a free initial phone consultation.
The information contained on this site should not be viewed as legal advice and should not be relied upon without specific legal counsel being sought. Each individual has unique needs and circumstances. Please contact the immigration lawyer to arrange a consultation regarding family-based immigration.